In the old part of the town of Sozopol is one of the oldest and most beautiful Bulgarian Revival churches – “St. George the Victorious”.
It houses small fragments of the relics of St. John the Baptist, found on the island of St. John. Many valuable icons from the second half of the 19th century are kept in the church of St. George the Victorious. as well as other Christian relics as a part of the Holy Cross and part of the relics of St. Andrew the First Called. The church was the cathedral of the Sozopol diocese. It was built in 1860 on the site of an old basilica. It has been rebuilt and repaired several times, most recently in 1991.
Location of the church “St. George the Victorious” in Sozopol: